Adult Day Care
A Loving Hand to help you care for your loved one.
Our goal: To enhance the lives of individuals with Alzheimer’s or Dementia.
Would you like to keep your loved one home
as long as possible?
Don’t think a nursing home is your only choice!
Adult Day Care Services may be the answer if you:
- Need a place for your loved one to stay while you work, run errands, have outpatient surgery or just need rest.
- Need to take time to revitalize yourself and spend time with other family members or friends.
- Need social interaction and structured supervision for your loved one.
We are here to help you share in your caring role with planned activities, basic health monitoring, one-on-one and group sharing programs.
Services we offer
If you are caring for a family member, friend or spouse, age 60 and over, with Alzheimer’s Disease or Dementia, the COA is here to assist with your role as caregiver.
Please call our Day Care Coordinator, Diane Neeb, LPN at (269) 948-4856 ext.1009 if you would like more information or would like to pre-register your loved one.
- We provide a safe environment with handicapped bathroom and walk-in shower, lockers for personal belongings, lounge chairs, TV/VCR/DVD, day bed,washer and dryer and a garden and outdoor walking area.
- Music, movies, games and crafts are included in our list of planned activities.
- We offer dignified assistance and support with feeding, bathing, walking and toileting. We are able to manage incontinence.
- We have a licensed nurse on staff to assist with medication administration, glucose monitoring and basic health monitoring.
- Enjoy our convenient location and hours, as well as many other services offered at the Barry County Commission on Aging.
- For directions and a map Click Here